Thursday, September 6, 2007

Athens

After an hour or maybe two of sleep on the plane, we arrived in Athens. We took the metro in and learning from yesterday, went straight to the hostel instead of wandering around the city with our bags. We then headed to the Acropolis, stopping at Crepes of the World to enjoy lunch (and later, after a dehydrating walk about the Acropolis, dessert). Other than being parched and willing to spend an insane amount of money on cold water, it was very interesting. With all the scaffolding and what not around, it can be a little hard to fully appreciate the history associated with the place. However, it's too great to be entirely quieted by the distracting metal and wood.

We are going to head in to Santorini by ferry tomorrow, or at least that's the plan. Oh, we finally found an alarm clock today. That was a highlight. No more sleepless nights out of fear of not waking early for a flight or ferry. It was quite an adventure just finding a place that sold one. Of course, once we stopped looking is when it just appeared. Same thing with the much talked about roasted corn my friends told me about. Which, by the way, was the best corn I've ever had. I might have to get some more before I leave. It was 2 euros, but well worth it in my mind. My very food-oriented mind. Great, now I'm kinda hungry.

No comments: